Learn about the organisation the RAC
Coming soonBreakdown Cover The AA Green Flag
Options From £29.99 A Year
Cover For Person: Single, Joint or Family Cover
- Cover For You Alone.
- 2 Named Drivers
- Family Of 4 Drivers From Same Address
Or You Can Cover For Vehicles
- 1 Named Vehicle Any Driver
- 2 Named Vehicles Any Driver
- 3 Vehicles Any Driver
- The RAC will attend and attempt to fix your vehicle at the roadside providing it is more than 1/4 mile from home.
- Towed to a nearest gargage within 10 miles if can't be fixed at roadside.
- Cover starts from £29.99
- If it can't be fixed at the roadside, to take your vehicle, you and up to 7 others to a UK address.
- If offers you the option of having your car and up to seven passengers transported back home or to a destination of your choice within the UK mainland.
- Cover should your vehicle breakdown or not start whilst at home.
- Replacement vehicle and accomodation. Please check full details fo this service, for full details .
- Whilst abroad in Europe, the RAC will use its agents to attend your vehicle. Please check for restrictions with this service before purchase!
Summer Or Winter RAC Driving
If you want to be safe during winter or summer click on the banner to order your RAC breakdown cover. Remember you will save by doing this rather than ringing direct.
One last thought. have you anyone in your family that would benefit from membership as a present. It may become one of the best gifts you have ever given, and with an online discount and prices starting from £29.99 fantastic value.
The RAC was known as the Royal Automobile Club
The Royal Automobile Club, originally operated a "get home disc" for a guinea a year subscription. It was classed as the "Freedom Of The Road".
The first RAC rally was in 1932, where it encouraged drivers to take part with the slogan "Enter The Rally And See Britain". Of course this event became huge, before restricting itself to Wales only.
During the 1950s it was normal for the RAC patrolmen to salute you as you passed, a tradition that eventually became redundant.
Many women where then employed and called "Patrolettes", where their main function was to recruit new members.
In the 1950s, the RAC "Get You Home" service was the largest in the world.
And if you find yourself broken down anywhere (which, based on our last MOT, is sure to happen to us quite soon) you can even use the app to join and call the RAC, so that they can come out and rescue you. This feature alone was enough to make us quickly install the app on our Nokia Lumia 800.
RAC One Team Video
Watch this video that shows what happens when you contact their call center for an RAC breakdown emergency call out. This does not show the breakdown recovery teams, but does show the support mechanism behind the service
Our RAC breakdown cover blog gets a response from marketing at the RAC regarding a previous promotion. Read about it here
*Free Recovery cover is only available on the minimum purchase of a combined UK Roadside and At Home package on a personal cover basis for the first year of membership only. Our Horse Trailer Assistance and Blue Badge cover are excluded from the offer. This offer is available to new RAC Members only, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and may be withdrawn at any time. Maximum online saving of 42% (or £78) is based on joint cover for Roadside, Recovery At Home product, including online discount and Recovery saving.